16 January 2012

Design Wall Monday



I have Raegan's quilt up on the wall, more to keep the cats from turning it into a nest.  Things were going swimmingly until last Thursday when I had my own Friday the Thirteenth.  I was trying to finish up Raegan's quilt and only had three borders to add.  The first one at the top was the width of the quilt top.  I measured the one side and added keystones to either end of the pieced border.  It was sewn to the quilt top and things were starting to look good.  I carefully measured the border for the second long side and cut it. Only to discover that the number I had firmly in my mind was for the bottom and thus the border is 14 inches too short.

Now to piece it together and try some sewing magic.  Just another creative opportunity.  Check out Judy's blog to see what everyone is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment