23 November 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving activities


This is on record as being one of the most stress-free Thanksgivings for me.  My brother volunteered to host the Thanksgiving dinner for the second year.  So the only thing I have to worry about is providing the infamous green bean casserole.

I finished piecing the granddaughter's quilt.  I have to make an appointment at the local quilt shop to use their long-arm quilter.  I'm in the process of piecing a new quilt top.  I'm using the book "Layer Em Up" and my collection of oriental and ombre sateens.  The way this one is working out, I may get two quilts for the work of one.  The theory behind this one is you take squares, make two or more slices on the diagonal then move either the center slice or the center and one side slice to the bottom.  You can't get bored with making the same square over and over because it's always different.

On the kitten front, they are getting to the fun stage of kitten-hood.  Max and Moritz are about 6 weeks old and are into everything.  They are about 1.5 pounds each.  Their legs are too short to negotiate more than one step.





No comments:

Post a Comment